Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Errands

At times job-hunting isn't much fun. My typical day at the moment sees me stuck in the house for the most part (on the web and phoning), with me adding some kind of not-so-important errand to the day to make sure I get out of the house. For example, in my first week of job-hunting since finishing my internship, I did something like the following:

Monday: Went to the post-office
Tuesday: Went to post something through someone's door in the village
Wednesday: Went for a walk
Thursday: Went for a run for an hour or so
Friday: Went shopping to buy a new shirt

I did go to some stuff in the evenings (which meant that I kept up a little bit of 'people contact' - always nice!), so perhaps the above is a little bit misleading. Suffice to say, I didn't get out of the house much during the day though! By the way, I like the word "errand" - I'm not too sure why, but I like the sound of it. Even if "running" them is not always as fun. (Just out of interest, why do we 'run' errands? Can they not be done walking?!)

[Currently listening to: Snow Patrol - Signal Fire;
The Enemy - Away From Here (see music player on rhs)]

No comments: