Monday, October 09, 2006

My Huge Embarrassment

Today saw one of the most memorable (although I now want to forget it) embarrassing things that I've done recently.

Having been at home for most of the day doing job-hunt related stuff (reading mainly), I paid a quick visit to the bank to pay in a cheque and pay a bill. Upon leaving the bank I thought it would be nice to leave in a cheerful manner, so I wished the person serving me "a good weekend" ... on a MONDAY!!!

I think this must be a consequence of me having a 'house day' where I'd not really been out the house much, but had been cooped up in my room and a scarce amount of contact with any other humans. :( Gah, having too many such days really get to me. I did realise earlier on in the day that it was Monday, but at that particularly point in time it would seem that for some reason I thought it was Friday. :S

Interestingly, the bank attendant didn't correct me. She just said "you too". I do hope she didn't really notice what I said, but I fear that she just chose not to correct me. Hmm, I can imagine the bank staff all having a good laugh at my expense after I'd left.

I think I'll have to avoid the bank for a while.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably you made her feel miserable with the prospect of having to wait a whole week to get a week-end. In any case, avoid banks and leaving your house for a while. Good luck with your job-hunt. All the best.

Pete said...

Hehe. Yeah, I probably did. Thanks for your good wishes - talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Give him a biscuit