Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Assumptions

I'm really rather good at making assumptions - and really quite stupid assumptions at that. It seems that if I'm given the opportunity I will quite willingly put 2 and 2 together and get 17! For example, earlier today when I was at a job interview (just for a Christmas temporary position) I made a stupid assumption and said "so is such and such the case?" and the guy that I asked the question of told me that I was quite mistaken and looked at me as if I was mad! This seems to happen to me all the time!

A few years ago I remember being told not to assume because "to assume makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me' "! And it does! It really makes both parties feel rather sublimely stupid.

I suppose I should probably ask more questions to clarify details rather than just assuming. But I feel that I already ask an awful lot of questions and people must be rather sick and tired of me doing so and wish I'd say something of real consequence! Why can't I admit that I'm not sure if that's the case though?!

Oh dear ... sometimes I just wish the ground would open up and swallow me! Lol.

No comments: