Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Plans for University Holidays

Incredibly it's already nearly the end of week 8 (out of 10) of the term at Warwick. So, just a shade over a couple of weeks til the Christmas holidays are upon us. Those couple of weeks are going to be incredibly hectic and no doubt jam-packed with stuff (not that the previous 8 or so haven't been) and with that in mind I thought it was high-time that I started to give a little consideration to what I might get up to over the 4-week break.

In the past I've worked, rested, studied and been overseas in the winter holidays, but this year I suspect that the overseas travel and work might be missing. I guess this is partly because, being a final year student, I should probably take my work a bit more seriously this year and so forsee the opportunity to catch up on all of the reading that I should have done but haven't done this term. It might also be a good idea to get cracking on a couple of assignments as for me it always seems easier to work during the holidays on these sort of things as there are far less distractions! During term-time if I have work that isn't urgent, but there's something else going on as well (e.g. football, a CU event or just a trip to the bar etc) then the work tends to get somewhat neglected!

Thus I reckon the holidays will be quietish and will probably see me spending a couple of weeks at Warwick (I even get to stay in my campus room this time, unlike in the 1st year) mainly doing work (or at least that's the aim ...) and a couple of weeks at home. Hopefully the time at home will be spent catching up with friends, relaxing and taking time out to appreciate the true meaning of Christmas.

No comments: