Sunday, January 29, 2006

Essential Day 5

Tis Sunday afternoon and high time I wrapped up my day-by-day record of Essential I reckon. So, Friday:

I must admit I wasn't involved in loads of Essential stuff on Friday, so I'll keep this account brief. This was mainly because I had seven hours of lessons timetabled for the day! I skipped one of those hours to go to the lunchbar, but aside from that I had lessons from 9 til 4 straight. Also in the evening I had accepted a long-time ago an invitation to go go-karting in Leamington for Tom Carter's birthday. So that meant I missed the evening Essential stuff, which I was rather gutted about, although it has to be said the go-karting was great fun!

The prayer meeting first thing was good as usual. In a strange kind-of-way I'm actually gonna miss not having these on every day next week! Today's lunchbar was about differing world religions. The talk focussed on how all world religions have major differences, things which contradict one another, such that it's impossible for them all to be right. The speaker also sought to point out Jesus' claim that he was the only way to God, rather than it just being a case of "take any route you want".

The evening meeting was due to be about whether a fresh start is possible (I'm guessing the speaker might have said "yes"!). At Globe Cafe a British evening took place, with baked potatoes and desserts and live music, as well as a story of how a Warwick student encountered God. As I wasn't there I'm not sure how these two things went - I'm still waiting for the chance to ask someone to tell me about them.

Well, that was Essential. In a few days, I'm hoping to write something looking back at the week as a whole and assessing how it went and so on. For now though, I'm recovering from the week and catching up with all the things I neglected throughout its duration. Especially sleep. :)

No comments: